Tuesday 31 May 2011

Review: Stila Sheer Color SPF15 (Tinted Moisturiser)


Another review from me...
A little background before I go straight into the pros and cons of this product:
Firstly I bought this tinted moisturiser on a whim, I had heard great things about the brand Stila so I was expecting a high quality product. In England Stila is really hard to get hold of so when I found this product reduced in my local TK Maxx I was beside myself with excitement (if you want to get hold of some really reduced Stila cosmetics regularly check your TK Maxx) and luckily they had my shade and I immediately  bought if for around £6. I haven't tried many tinted moisturisers but I have read countless reviews on how great most of them are. I have combination skin and am acne prone so some one like me would usually opt for a fuller coverage foundation, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy this beauty. However my skin has cleared up a lot recently and has even become even a little dry- so I have been substituting this product instead of foundation for a while now. 

Okay enough background nonsense and onto the actual product and details...
This Stila Tinted Moisturiser retails for $34 but is currently on the Stila website reduced to $17- however this does not help my British readers, Stila isn't really sold in the UK so buying it online is the easiest option (instead of hunting around the shops) but do be careful as there are some websites selling is for £30 and others for £12 so search around and make sure you are getting the best deal- I haven't heard of Stila fakes but I'm sure on Ebay they are out there, so be wary.

The bottle contains 50ml or 1.7fl oz of product which is an amazing deal as most foundations are only 30ml. The tinted moisturiser comes in 9 shades which impressed me straight off, and I also really like the feel of the packaging, the plastic is really sturdy and 'heavy' meaning it doesn't feel cheap, I like the fact it's in a tube because you can easily control how much product you want to squeeze out.  

However the actual moisturiser I wouldn't describe as light feeling on the skin which wasn't what I was expecting, it does feel like you're wearing some sort of light coverage foundation, the consistency of the product however is really nice, its smooth but a little a thick (maybe a little too thick for some people), it leaves a gorgeous dewy finish on the skin- so not for those girls who like the 'matte look', I apply it with my fingers as this is the easiest way to blend the product because at first its a little hard to blend, but once warmed on you fingers it's fine. 

The coverage is of course... sheer, so don't expect it to cover your blemishes, but it's great for evening out skin tone and covering light acne scaring -if you have any like me. To cover dark circles, spots and and imperfections you will need a concealer. 

As for longevity I think it lasts around half a day but it's so sheer that you can't really tell if its patchy or rubbing of by the end of the night- so if that's a good or bad thing you can decide.
   Oh and it's SPF 15 which is always a bonus.

I think I've covered literally everything I could say about this product... I would recommend it for dry skin types (there is an oil free version available), perfect for summer as it's light and wont slide off your face in the heat. I also wouldn't recommend it for substituting your actual  daily moisturiser as I don't think it contains all the vitamins and other skin beneficial products that a normal moisturiser would contain.  

Thanks for reading everyone.. I would give this Stila product a go if you're new to tinted moisturisers and don't want to shell £30 for a high end one. If your still on the fence about this product it did win the Best of Sephora beauty awards! 

Buy the product here for UK buyers, originally £21.56 now £4.50!

P.S if you were wondering I'm shade Bronze. 


No comments:

Post a Comment