Tuesday 31 May 2011

COLLECTION PICKS: Mac Collection - Latest Greatest Accessories

This isn't really a Collection Picks post as I haven't really selected any top picks but it's still a collection I 'picked' to post about so I've decided to keep it with the cute title.


I'm sure you're all aware of this mac collection.. if not click here to take a look before reading my post. I feel like Mac have just jumped on the 'beauty blender' sponge band wagon which created a massive hype in America. I've never tried the Beauty Blender sponge as it's more an American thing but in the USA I know cheaper drug store dupes of it were flying off the shelves, as who can justify spending £14.50 on a sponge? As this is a newish thing to the UK there aren't any exact Beauty Blender dupes to get hold of, unless you search online for cheaper alternatives. 


So Mac have brought out their own 'unique' and over priced sponges- did I mention they were hot pink, and other beauty tools. 


The first is the All Blending Sponge- basically a flat oval foundation sponge. I'm not going to lie and say sponges are horrible (I don't particularly like using them myself) but I do know that they can help you achieve that real flawless foundation look. The sponge retails for £4.50, buying this wont break the bank but I still think there's nothing this sponge can do that one from Boots can't? Boots Premium Cosmetic Sponge retailing for £2.55!


The next sponge is the Duo Sided Sponge- the same sponge as the one above! However this one has a 'white flocked side' (whatever that means) meaning that you can use this for powders and powder foundations. This retails again for £4.50, I managed to find you a dupe from E.L.F called 2 In One Sponge- as E.L.F puts it: the fuzzy side delivers a soft natural look and the other flat side creates a full-coverage effect. This sponge is £3.50 so unfortunately not a massive saving. 


The one sponge I would want to recommend is the Pro Performance Sponge- this is similar to the Beauty Blender sponge however MAC has cleverly altered the design but it's basically a rounded sponge at one and the other is pointed- more cone like. This is £14.50, and I couldn't find a dupe anywhere for British buyers but I would look online for Beauty Blender sponges reduced. But I'm sure it will only be a matter of time till Boots and Superdrug bring out their more affordable versions of the sponge. I haven't tried the sponge and to be honest I don't know how much a sponge could make a dramatic difference to your foundation. For now hold off spending £15 on a hot pink sponge!


Please let me know if you have tried the sponge and whether you would recommend it!


Finally the Duo-Sided Sharpener is way too overpriced at £4, one from Boots is half the price... as for the crazy mini eye lash curlers you wouldn't see me spending £11.50 on them when I could buy an eye shadow or lipstick (nearly) from MAC! It sounds like a stupid concept to me... half and eye lash curler?


Mac says: A demi-version of the M·A·C Lash Curler. Designed to lift and curl the shorter, more inaccessible lashes at the inner corner of the eye. 


Click here to visit the UK Beauty Blender sponges and buy them for £14.50 

No comments:

Post a Comment