Monday 30 May 2011

Review: Big Beautiful Eyes by Benefit

Big Beautiful Eyes Kit by Benefit
For obvious reasons I love Benefit and when they brought out this palette I knew it was something that I would want to purchase at some point. This kit has been out for years but I only purchased it last summer as previously I wasn't really interested in eye shadows. This is kit is currently £24.50 which I think is a reasonable price because you get 3 really wearable  eye shadow colours, one concealer, 3 brushes (one is double sided), a mirror and instructions which is handy if your're a newbie to make up. 

The three colours are really gorgeous, the pink is shimmery and warmed toned just like the second which is a more brown pink colour, this is really pretty for darkening up the crease. 
The last colour is a dark, matte brown, similar to Espresso by Mac, you can use this on the lash line or add to the outer corner of your lid for more 'drama'. 

As for the concealer- I hate it. It's too light for my skin tone, it's Benefits Bo-ing concealer in Medium so I guess it would fit most skin tones but it's not even the colour which makes me hate it, it dried out really quickly and when I used it on a friend it left a  weird powdery finish and barely covered the dark circles. This is one major flaw in the product. 

One bad thing about the shadows is that they aren't very long lasting, so I suggest using a primer or a cream base underneath (you could use the concealer from the palette if you didn't have anything). Despite what I just said about the eye shadows I still really love them the shadows are all really 'pretty' colours and are universally flattering on all skin tones and eye colours, they are also great neutral, every day colours. They also blend really well, and I've been using this kit for a very long time and none of the colours have 'hit pan' yet, which I think is really impressive seeing as it doesn't seem to look like the pans contain a lot of product. 

Top To Bottom: Concealer Bo-ing in Medium, Shimmery Pink, Brown/Gold toned Pink, Matte Dark Brown


Finally drawing this post to a close, I do really love this kit despite the flaws I picked at. This makes a great gift for a friend as you can be sure that the colours would suit them, and it's also great if you want to get an every day eye look but don't want to buy 3 individual eye shadows. I particularly love bringing this kit on holiday or if I'm travelling as it's really small and contains all the eye shadows and brushes I would need to quickly create a pretty eye look, plus it has a mirror! 

Thanks for reading- and what do you think about the kit, have you bought it? Would you buy it now after reading my post? 

P.S - the brushes are really handy and I think really good quality seeing as they are only mini versions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment